So after coming home at 3am and forgetting to set alarm I overslept this morning. I was supposed to pick up a friend in Bowie so we could head to DC for brunch. My behind woke up, looked at the clock and went back to sleep. It wasn't until I got a text message that I realized I was late. I rushed to get dressed and head out the door. Of course I couldnt find my phone and got in my car 3 times and back out again to look for the phone in the house. I finally found it in the closet on the dresser.
I headed down to Bowie and managed to get there by 11:30am. It was good to see my friend Carla. It had be YEARS since we all last hung out. Our friendship started when we both began attending the same church back in 2003. We got to DC and searched for parking. Not such an easy task in DC on a weekend, especially on the U st Corridor. We finally found parking and made our way to Eatonville which is where we were going to dine. We were waiting for another friend of ours to join us as well. Once she showed up we were seated in a booth. Our lovely waiter David took care of us.
We had the best biscuits as an appetizer and ordered mimosas and brunch. We chatted and dished and caught up after so many years of being apart. It was nice to have girl talk and really get honest feedback. Brunch was good. I got shrimp and grits with a side order of fresh fruit, Carla and Nijiama got fried chicken and waffles with grits on the side.
Discussion turned to our waiter and we debated if he was gay or not. I suggested we hook him up and see what he says. So Carla was like, David are you single? We have a friend that we think you'd like. Come to find out he was interested and took the bait. So Nijiama pulled up a pic of her sister (who is actually single) and showed it to David. He was like nice and wrote his number down as well as his twitter account. LOL Nijiama had to call her sister and be like we are sending you some info about a guy we met LOL Poor girl!
We sat and chatted and took some pics. After 3 hours of just catching up we decided to go to Cake Love. We stood in line only to find out that they didnt have any red velvet cupcakes. So instead, we were directed across the street to Love Cafe where they had a much nicer selection of cupcakes.
I bought like 3. I figured at $3.75 a pop they better be crack filled or damn good cupcakes. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give them a 7. I think my deserts are much better but who am I to judge?
After we chowed down on our cupcakes we decided to head to Howard University to meet up with some of Carla's friends that were in town for the basketball game. We told Nijiama we were going to kidnap her. So we rolled over to HU. Carla thought she knew the bus driver of the NC Central team so we walked over to the bus. Come to find out it was one of the coaches but he was nice enough to let us get on board and share his heat. We chatted a bit. he was kinda cute actually. Finally Carla's friend got back to her and said he was at the door. So we went into the game. The boys were playing at the time so we watched a bit of the game. Come to find out there was some dude that Carla knew from middle school that was at the game. He tapped her on the shoulder and you'd think he had just told her she won a million dollars. She was soo happy to see this man. They talked for a bit while we watched the game and then we left. We went back to the bus to chat with the coach but the other assistant coach was on the bus. She didnt seem too thrilled to have us on the bus. We made small talk and then eventually decided to head to the Gaylord at National Harbor.
Before we went to the Gaylord however we had to stop and pick up some hair for Nijiama since she had an appointment the next morning. So we drove around looking for a hair and beauty salon. Finally found one and she was able to get her hair. Then we drove to National Harbor. I called up one of my friends who works there and told him we were in the area. He said he'd be down shortly to come say hi. In the meantime we ordered some cocktails. Some white dude was on his balcony dancing and waving at us so Nijiama and Carla started waving back. He was doing the running man and some other crazy stuff. I was like is this dude ok? Come to find out the dude left his room and came down to the piano bar we were sitting at and asked if he could join us. Now, this is where the evening took a turn for the bizzare. The white kid and I do mean kid was only 14. I was like oh hell nah we are going to jail. This boy had game though, he was like would like to come back to my room with me? LMAO. He said he saw three beautiful women and just wanted to come hang out with us. Nijiama was like where are your parents? What did you suppose would happen once we got back to your room? I was like I'm not going to jail so I said very little. It was interesting talking to this kid because he was funny but at the end of the day we were all like you CAN NOT talk to strangers. IF your parents left you in the room alone you shouldn't come out of the room and come talk to strangers. The evening got even MORE bizzare when the kids parents returned and they were standing on the balcony and waving at him to come back. I was like ok its time to go.
We left the Gaylord and headed back to U st. WE tried Indulj but they had a cover and I didnt know the live band that was playing so we rolled to Ben's Next Door. They were packed so we decided to go to Alero instead. We got seats, ordered drinks and food and waited for Carla's friends from the game to come through. The drinks were good, the food was good until I found a long ass hair in my steak salad. YUCK! That turned my stomach. Once they cleared the tables out and the DJ started playing music it was on. We danced the night away. The guys sitting at the table next to us reminded me of Keith Sweat. I took a pic with him and asked if he'd sing "My Body all over your body". We danced, took shots and danced some more. It really was a fun evening. After all was said and done however, Carla's roommate had called the cops and reported her as a missing person. All because he iPhone battery died. This poor woman had to call her mom, get an earful and explain to everyone that she was not missing, she had just gone out with friends.
The next morning we had to meet Nijiama's husband so we could give him her hair that she left in my car the night before. The voicemails were sooo funnny. "Michelle I left my hair in your car Its expensive and I need to get it because I have an appointment tomorrow." Needless to say, she got her hair, Carla was not missing and made it home safely.
All in all it was a good day from what I can remember...LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment