Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Sunday, February 27, 2011

2.26.11-Old Friends and New Friends

So today started off with me having a dream about an old friend passing away. I was shook when I woke up so I immediately called them to make sure they were ok.  Unfortunately I didn't get in touch with them right away.  After I looked at the clock I realized it was like 7am and they still might be asleep so I left a message.

Later in the day they got back to me and reassured me they were very much alive! PHEW!
My morning was rather lazy. I fully intended to get up early and DO something with my time since I ended up going to bed at like 6pm Friday night! I wasn't feeling well so I ended up dozing off on the couch and waking up at 4am Sat and lumber up the stairs to take a shower and get in bed.

After speaking with my friend who isn't dead we decided to get together for lunch.  They had just bought a new condo and I was like oh I have to see it.  You know me, houses are my thing.  I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with them or anything. Oh who am I kidding? I am completely obsessed with houses.  Show me a man who knows his way around Home Depot or is handy in the home renovation department (large or small) and I'll show you a man I'll hand my number and pick his brain and maybe even hire. LOL

Being that it was almost noon I figured I'd get up and get dressed so I could meet my friend by 1pm.  I also had a business meeting at 4pm back in the city so I wanted to make sure I wasn't cutting it too close.  When I got to my friend's house I was greeted at the steps. It was nice to see him after so long.  We have history since college so it was kind of like "old times" coming over to hang out.  He showed me all of the projects he was working on and the plans he had for his new place.  I was really happy for him and really impressed with his handiness.  I should have taken pics but I didn't want to just snap pics in someone else's house.

We left to grab pizza from a local shop. It was like overlooking a lake and some really ginormous houses.  About two bites into my pizza I discovered an unpleasant topic and asked them to give me a new slice from a different pizza. They ended up making a an entire pizza for me! I was like yay hopefully it doesn't have any additional toppings.  After we ate, we drove around the neighborhood and then headed back to his house.  We chatted for a bit and discussed home decorating ideas.  It was getting close to time for me to head to my business meeting so I rolled out.

I got to meet my old friend Sean's new wife Deni and share with them about my experience as a real estate investor. It was fun to share my story as well as give them some advice about how they too could get involved with real estate.  They seemed really serious and gung ho about getting started so I wish them all the best.  We enjoyed our meal together at The Cheesecake Factory and of course made room for some of their delicious cheesecake.

I left to go home and meet up with RS so we could attend a Red & White party at one of my co-worker/friends. We were supposed to BYOB and BYOG, so I picked the largest most gaudiest/funniest glass I could find. It was one of those huge, heavy margarita glasses that restaurants use.  Several other guests were there already so we jumped right in with introductions and polite chatter.  I really enjoyed my evening.  I got to talk to Greg and Lucio and they both are real estate investors in the Baltimore.  Greg and I shared stories of our renovation experiences and about future plans with our properties.  It was exciting to talk houses.  We exchanged business cards and decided to keep in touch.

All in all the evening was enjoyable and it was nice to catch up in a social setting with coworkers and friends outside of work.

No comments: