HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my youngest brother RICKY and to my cousin STEPHANIE!!!
SUNDAY!!! An amazingly relaxing day!! I made myself a nice steak and egg brunch with cheesy has browns and cinnamon rolls. MMM MMM MMM.
I didn't do much else besides clean up my kitchen. I had the intention of getting up early to plan and grade papers and all that good teacher stuff but sleeping in bed sounded way better so I went with that option instead. While I was cooking I was jamming to my itunes and just enjoying being in my skin. Of course the stress of work, deadlines and all that other adult crap will hit me before bedtime but in the meantime...I'm just enjoying life. I'm looking forward to the warm weather so I can start jogging, roller blading and maybe bike riding again.
I decided I am going to try a new recipe each week. I've been wanting to make home made cupcakes from scratch as well as home made bread. So we shall see how that goes!
Last week I made london broil for the first time. I also learned that london broil isn't the actual cut of met but rather that method of preparation. Who knew!?!
I was inspired by my friend's handiness yesterday and want to do some home improvement projects in my house as well. I just lack the motivation and money at the moment. But come tax refund time I'm gonna make sure I get some projects going.
Speaking of projects.. I shall share this tidbit of information about cupcakes. Its probably way more info that you ever cared to know about cupcakes. You probably just want to enjoy eating the tasty little treats. But nevertheless as an educator I feel obligated to share and impart knowledge of all kinds! :)
Cupcakes first arrived on the scene in 19th century kitchens when housewives and home cooks realized the economy and speed of baking cupcakes, as bigger cakes were found to take too long to bake in hearth ovens.
Back then, the cupcake was sometimes referred to as Number Cakes for the ease of remembering the ingredients: 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup milk and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
Once the batter was whipped up, it was then placed in small earthenware molds, or cups, that eventually evolved into modern baking tins say cupcake historians.
No comments:
Post a Comment