Today was a semi good day.
I woke up LATE but when I realized I didnt have to teach until 10:40am I wasn't so stressed out about getting to work. Besides I hadn't cleared the snow off my car yesterday so that took time. In fact, I went to clear off the snow from my truck, got in the truck to heat it up and the damn thing wouldn't start. The battery died. I wasn't going to be able to get a jump any time soon so I started cleaning the snow off the car.
Once it was "cleaned"...yeah I'm that person that leaves snow on the hood and roof of her car LOL...I was able to get to work. I made sure I parked in a sunny spot on the street so that by the time I left work it would be all melted off.
Work itself wasn't that bad. I had rearranged my room last week Friday so when I walked in I was pleasantly surprised to see such a neat and clean room LOL. Community meeting was...well I wont say it was a great success but at least it wasnt a cluster#$%$.
Class was short. Only 2 girls showed up on time and once the rest of them showed up like 10 minutes late I had to get them all up to speed. I tried to do a new grouping activity which for some reason took way longer than it needed to. These chics are just sooooo lazy they want everything to be easy for them and they don't want to give an ounce of effort. IF thats how they feel why should I give a @#$%#? Seriously!!!
After class was over it was the end of the day for the students so I was happy to send them out the door. Meetings began at 1pm. We had a mandatory "movie" to watch as a staff. I was like we should demand popcorn if there is going to be a mandatory movie screening. LOL Unfortunately there was no popcorn. But the movie was rather interesting. It was about Human Rights. I have to say that during the debrief of the movie I was actually excited and motivated about the plans being discussed for the symposium and the advisory activities being planned. For a moment I had an inkling of hope and faith that things would begin to change. I even thought maybe I'll stick around to see the transformation occur. But who am I kidding? I'm just trying to survive this year so I can cut my losses while I'm ahead....thats if you can call where I am "ahead". I feel like I've digressed sooo far that I don't even recognize myself.
A bright shining spot of the day was the after school planning meeting I had with my fellow 2013 advisors. We had a flash of brilliant suggestions and rolled with the theme for an advisory plan. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.
In relational news I just have to say that I am questioning everything. How is it that you are on someone's side and you support them and help them out but yet they get pissed off with you so easily and put you in a funky mood? Just because I ask you something computer related that you don't know anything about and you get irritated at me doesn't mean I'm trying to make you look like a fool.
I never understood why people get upset over such little things and get angry with you but the REAL people they need to go off on they bite their tongue! WHY? My dad use to do that dumb crap and it made me furious. People who blatantly wronged him would get off with nothing more than a heated comment under breath but let me or my mom do something minor we wouldn't hear the end of it for days! Kinda fucked up if you ask me. So yeah...that kind of crap makes me question my judgement. But just because I call you a bitch ass because of your idiocricy doesn't mean I should apologize does it? REALLY?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment