Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Monday, January 31, 2011

1.31.11- Back to the grind

Wow, getting up on time this morning was a struggle.  I was seriously enjoying being off and getting up when I felt like it.  I really need to move forward with my business plan and my non-profit. Its time for your girl to come into her own and work for no man or woman. Well, technically I'd work for myself and I am a woman. But that's not the point I'm making!

Anyhoo, with today being the first day back from SNOWCATION 2011 I assumed my students would be acting foolish. I wasn't making ASSumptions at all.  I was surprised however to see almost all of them in class for a change.

They just kept talking and talking and talking and I'm thinking to myself I'm not going to go off on them. I'm just going to tell them straight up this is the reality they are facing. 42% of them are NOT passing and they need to get it together NOW or else they will be repeating the course in summer school or next year.  Did it get through to them? Nope because they kept right on talking.  At least the ones that were paying attention are trying to do their best and are doing well in the class.

My bridge students actually came and word hard.  I guess the fear of NOT GRADUATING is motivation enough for them to become independent thinkers, workers and responsible.  What are my other students waiting for? For it to be too late? Hopefully it will click for them one day soon.


Speaking of clicking...I had to pay TWO speed camera tickets online today!  OUCH!!! Why do they charge a FEE to pay them online with a credit card? Next time I'm gonna write a damn check and post date that bitch for like 2 months out! LOL  FEE that mofos!!!!

Grad school started last THURSDAY.. I'm still waiting to hear back from my advisor if I can enroll in my capstone course so I can actually graduate this spring. BUT if not I have to wait until next FALL! WTF?  I'm not feeling that ish!

PS- Its been ONE month that I've been blogging on the regular. YAY for keeping my word!!! Its been a challenge some days to remember to blog or I'll start a blog and save it as a draft and then forget to post it. LOL  WHoops! But I'm getting back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep it going Michelle! I enjoy reading your work.
tipordie