Today we remember the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The popular slogan its a day ON not a day OFF is quite catchy. However, I question the notion of thinking about his legacy on just THIS day rather than striving to work for achieving his vision EVERYDAY.
We have become a society that compartmentalizes everything and has to have a special DAY to celebrate anything of note. Why can't we live every day with all of the virtuous notions all of these holidays and memorials stand for? Are we too caught up in our own lives? Well before I start sounding too preachy I want to leave you with several thoughts to think about not just today but any and every day of the year.
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it." ~Martin Luther King Jr
No comments:
Post a Comment