Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Sunday, January 16, 2011

1.16.11- Front Page

Sunday's are usually relaxing days but they are even better when you know you don't have to go to work on MONDAY.  So today I decided I was going to enjoy it.  One of my gal pals Z texted me this morning about brunch and checking out a museum in DC. I was like sure why not sounds like something fun and we hadn't hung out in a minute.  So I packed my things and hit the road.

I got to her house around noon so we headed for the Front Page in DC.  It was packed for brunch but some gentlemen at the end of the bar were nice enough to make eye contact and volunteer their seats since they were leaving.  They said we had to be Patriots Fans however to sit there. I lied and said sure even though I wanted the Jets to beat them.  I think NE is a racist organization. so are the Redskins but I digress.

Brunch was good. I'd pay for it later but in the moment I enjoyed the waffle bar, the salad bar, the cheese and fruit bar etc.  We had bottomless mimosas too but I think their wine or the OJ was sub par because it didnt have that fresh citrus taste.  Maybe its just me but that didn't stop be from knocking a few back while enjoying the Bears whoop up on the Sea Hawks.

We enjoyed the atmosphere, watched people around the bar, enjoyed the food and polite conversation.  Afterwards we ran around DC looking for a Verizon store to activate an AT&T phone. LOL Couldnt find one open in the city so we searched for parking near the museums.  We spotted 2 cars coming out and this one vehicle had already claimed one spot. I guess they didnt realize another spot was opening up right behind them so they took the spot we wanted and another car came up behind them and took the 2nd spot that we were going to take. I was like aint that a B?  I hate DC for that reason. I got irritated driving around even though I had found another spot earlier but it was deemed too far to walk. I'm thinking we are going to be doing a lot of walking in the museum so whats the difference?  But,  maybe it was deemed too far because it was cold out.  Who knows.

So, we came back to the house and watched tv. I ended up dozing off.  After my cat nap we headed out to a different Verizon store near College Park. I was like oooers I want to go to IKEA. So I got dropped off while Z went to get her phone fixed.  I found the wine racks that I have been searching for YAY.  They also had a sale on their plates so I bought a few to replace the black set I have that had a few broken or chipped plates. I have to go back and get some bowls next time so I have a complete set of 8 or 10 settings.

I went to get in line and this chick totally bum rushed in front of me to get a spot in line but she didnt have any items in her hand. I was like oh please lord dont let her be waiting for someone with like 3 carts or something.  Luckily she got out of line and went elsewhere.  The security dude came up behind me to tell other customers that our line was closed.  He had to step away for something and since I was at the end of the line he asked me if I minded telling people the line was closed. I reluctantly said yes.  SO as people showed up I had to shew them away. I was like Dude I'm not getting paid to do your job you need to come back. He eventually walked back and resumed his duties.

I remember hearing a story on the news about people going on first dates to IKEA.  They said the shopping experience is still fun regardless of how good or bad the date goes and they have that little food spot and cafe where you can get a small bite to eat with your date.  Now I LOVE IKEA but I don't know if it tops my list of places to take a first date.  What do you think?

I had to think back and ask myself had I ever brought a date there before? I don't think so but I have gone there with a significant other and made a day out of being there and shopping and gotten a bite to eat there.  But I'm certain I've never gone there on a first date.

DO you think IKEA makes a good spot to take a date?  Weigh in on the comment section.

No comments: