FOOTBALL and DANCING
So today I got up and looked at the alarm clock provided in the room. It said 11:20am and I was like crap we missed check out. So we discussed keeping the room another night. I was like ok cool. B went to get the room key reactivated. I got up to check email and FB :) I noticed the computer said 7:48am. I was like huh it must have frozen or something. But then I looked at my phone and its said 6:48am. Come to find out the stupid room clock was NOT set correctly. It wasn't anywhere near 11am. I was like well that was a cool prank.
B came back and had also realized it was not 11am either. So we decided to just go back to sleep. I should have started grading my class projects but I decided I'd blog and get back in bed. I got a text msg from LS later in the morning and we all decided to get food and catch the football games at a local bar. We must have been the early birds because no one was at the spot ,"Out of Bounds", that we went to but LS seemed to know just about everyone that was there at the bar. They were military folk that he knew.
They gave LS a hard time and joked with each other and about each other. They must really respect one another. Its cool to have those kinds of friendships. We grabbed a booth and ordered some food just in time for the Bears vs Packers game. I was rooting for the Bears since my BP is from Chicago but I honestly knew more about the Packers and their QB than the Bears. Oh well, pick a team and stick with it is what I say when it comes to football.
I forgot I wasn't in "kansas" I mean Maryland anymore because people were lighting up cigars and cigarettes all around. I thought my lungs were going to shrivel up or burst into flames. I had all but forgotten what cigarette smoke smelled like let alone been exposed to in for a long time. I'm so spoiled in MD. If I moved to TN I'd fight to have the smoking laws changed thats for sure. I used a menu to fan myself and got flak from LS. Hey I don't intend to die from cancer due to 2nd hand smoke.
As the day went on and the Bears looked more pitiful by the minute the place really started to get packed. We decided to sit in the covered patio with the big screen tv to get away from the smoke. I liked the set up because they had two industrial heaters to keep us warm since it was so freaking cold outside but you could tell this was the spot to be in the summer months.
As time went on the trash talk from the Steelers fans began to increase. I was like they aren't even playing yet so don't trash talk just yet. The ONE Jets fan in his Sanchez jersey was holding his own in the pissing contest. Every 5 minutes he'd come out to where we were sitting and yell out J.E.T.S Jets Jets Jets yeah yeaahhhhh!!! It was hilarious. He was getting drunker and drunker by the quarter. When the Jets game finally did begin he was done! After the 1st quarter his Yeah YEAHHHH's turned into One finger salutes and F You's in the general direction of the Steelers fans. LOL
As the evening progressed we decided the Jets were NOT going to win so we headed out to El Chico to get some TACOS!!!! They had a two for one special on frozen Margarita's too so we made like Nikki Minaj and got salt all around that RIM RIMM RIMMMM (Well actually I got sugar around mine) LOL. After the game ended we left and headed back downtown to check out some adult entertainment.
I'll just say this.. it was definitely a unique experience and I have a new found appreciation for those types of jobs. After making it drizzle we headed back to the motel.
No comments:
Post a Comment