Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

3.9.11- Women

WE are BITCHES!!!   And thats not necessarily a bad thing. But Petty Bitches? Thats a different ball game.

Maybe I'm being too overly sensitive and I should have learned this lesson on the damn playground when I was 5. OH well I guess I'm a SLOW learner!

I can count on ONE hand the close female friendships I've had my entire life outside of family members. And each one has been drama filled and either strained the relationships or completely ended them.

Cherayla Davis aka NORA-  We were in elementary school together.  She made friends with some other girl that lived in the apt building in her complex and she stopped hanging out with me because I lived in the duplexes further down the street.  Someone else was chosen over my friendship.

KM- We were friends in middle school. She liked the same guy I liked and because her parents allowed boys into her house while they werent home and mine didnt...guess who was more popular and guess who ended up getting tossed away by her "friend"? Again someone else was chosen over my friendship.


EB-We were neighbors and friends in high school. She started dating older guys and would use me as her patsy so she could lie to her parents and say she was at my house and not over at a boys house. I got into trouble because she lied on me and then she stopped being my friend because I wouldnt lie for her.  I wouldn't compromise myself or take a punishment for her. The fact she put me in the situation spoke volumes of the kind of friend she was.

NAJ- We were friends in high school.  We remained friends after HS and even after college. I was in her wedding. She sided with her bridesmaid who had issue with me for not wanting to pay for a lavish bachelorette party AND wedding shower on top of my dress, shoes and the 3-day wedding event. So although we remained in contact with each other she basically turned her back on me. I dont even get a phone call or text response when I reach out to her or go back home to the town we grew up in.  Back to someone siding with someone else  and not honoring our friendship.

So through this phase of my life I've been skeptical about female relationships. But after joining a church and getting heavily involved in a singles ministry I made some friends.  We hung out in groups and it was great.  Of course I don't care for other people's drama let alone my own so I kind still kept to myself. Nothing ever happened to these friendships, I left the church, some of the group members moved away.  There was a break down in communication but not in the actual friendships.

MG- We met over FB through another mutual friend. She would see my comments and thought they were funny and sent a friend request.  We hit it off and really got along swell.  We actually had a LOT in common.  We hung out at drunk brunch, had holiday dinners together, celebrated her birthday  and even supported her acting by attending a play she was in.

Fast forward: She became overly possessive and egotistical about what she calls her "brain child".  From a misunderstanding about the nature of her brain child and what I thought was just a group of friends  hanging out, several other relationships have become strained. (Normally when I post a comment on this other person's page she responds.  But when I got completely ignored several times it was clear that she was shunning me because her homegirl was "beefing" with me). Petty but granted I dont have the years put in as this other friend. However, if BrownGirlsWE is about connecting and supporting and loving one another where the FUCK is that shit right now?

Women ain't shit and this BS right here is exactly why I keep my distance and avoid female relationships. Men don't deal with this crap in their friendships do they?  Can I be cordial at work with females? Yes... hang out every now and again? Sure.  SISTERS we are NOT!!!

Petty little girls tell other little girls Dont be her friend anymore because I'm not her friend anymore. If I've wronged you then fine take sides, but if I've done nothing but support you and show sincerity, care and compassion then dont shit on me and grow the fuck up because I am NOT the BITCH to FUCK with!

It kills me more and more when I think of how supportive I was and that every time I went to support something she was doing but when it was something NOT about her and it dealt with me...I got no response and no visit.  Its funny how I always seem to end up in one-sided friendships.

No comments: