Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11-Cooking and Money Matters

Its really ironic that I chose cooking as the topic of today's blog. Especially since I just finished woofing down a microwaved breakfast croissant and a mini cup of a Edy's Slow Churned Rich and Creamy Rocky Road Ice Cream.

I've been trying to get my life organized and keep track of all that is the life of an adult.  Let me tell you, I feel like I was more in control and on point when I was younger than I do now. Maybe I'm trying to rebel subconsciously but I'm just struggling to stay on track with day to day things. Its amazing that anything gets done.  This is a really odd place for me to be in though, because I am such a neat, organized freak. I mean seriously I use to wash my money and iron it so it would be flat. I use to iron socks and underwear. I don't even own an iron now. I use to meticulously balance my check book and account for invoices, receipts etc. Now I'm lucky if I remember to pay my mortgage on time.

So, with the desire to regain some order to my life I have decided to create a weekly menu for myself.  This will also help me to budget my grocery expenses. If I want to have discretionary spending I'm going to have to figure out where to trim fat.  I'm going to have to learn to live well below my means and stick to a strict budget because the future looks uncertain and I want to ensure I can continue the current level of comfort I have become accustomed to.  One of the things I am planning on doing is attending a financial seminar on April 2nd.

Where was I? Oh yeah so I have decided to create a weekly menu for myself. I am going to pick an ingredient and then make a dish that includes that ingredient.  I also plan on blogging about each of the dishes I make and possibly providing recipes.

So for the weekly run down I'm going with:

Monday- Meltdown- Any dish that requires melted cheese


Tuesday- Tuna- I am not a huge fan of Tuna but this should be interesting


Wednesday-Wellness- Any dish that highlights healthy eating


Thursday- Tacos- Can't go wrong with a fiesta in a shell


Friday- Fish Fry - Gonna fry it up and eat it up


Saturday- Sauce-  Spaghetti Dinner- taking it back to elementary school spaghetti dinners


Sunday- Simply- 30 minute meal to impress the finest chef

No comments: