So after coming home yesterday from the dealership I got invited to a happy hour event with some friends in Canton. I texted my girl Coley to see if she was down. She was like YEAH!!! So we made plans to get together and go meet up with some of my friends. I was excited because Coley and I had been talking about hanging out and it was FINALLY happening!
Now maybe its just my overly excited mindset but I totally drove to the wrong part of town and had to keep calling my friends that we were meeting. Once I figured out where the heck they were we were ready to party. I even scored a KILLER parking spot right in front!!! Oh yeah!
Trying to actually locate my friends was challenging in and of itself though. WE first went into one bar and as tiny and packed as it was we were unable to get in at first. But once we did and walked through it was like ugh they aren't in here. As if were were playing where's waldo or amazing race we finally got enough clues and directions to find them at the SpeakEasy.
First order of business after meeting the new folks was to get SHOTS!!!!! Then my usual drink of choice....amaretto sour. Yumm! We waited around for a few other folks to join our group before we got a table to order food. I saw this waiter dude walking back and forth and was like can I get a menu please? He had the nerve to tell me they are at the bar. I'm like dude I'm sitting at a table you want me to walk over to the bar and ask for a menu? I'm hoping that he's not going to be our server because I'm sure the service would be AMAZING. LOL not!!!
Anyhoo, we decided to go upstairs and get a table on the balcony but it was chilly so we went downstairs to sit under the heater lamps. Giselle ended up being our waitress, thankfully. She took good care of us. I ordered calamari which was good but there wasn't enough marinara sauce to go with it.
After we finished eating we talked to our new friends and made some other new friends. There was this guy that was standing by the window inside the bar and it looked like he was a mime. So he and his friend pretended to be going down the stairs, the elevator, rowing a canoe etc. So I took a pic of him and got his info so I could tag him on FB. It was hilarious. (Shout out to Alan Clark).
No comments:
Post a Comment