Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Friday, June 03, 2011

6.3.11-Updates

So here we are in the first week of JUNE already!!! Man time flies by. It seems like just yesterday we were shoveling snow and dealing with old man winter's funky butt. And not ladies and gents we have the lovely heat wave and sunshiny weather. WOO HOOO. I'll take the heat over the cold on most days.

So what's new on the Bean'Stalk? Glad you asked.  Since last weeks wonderful event of becoming a commercial real estate owner I've been busting my bean butt trying to get the ball rolling with this new project.  Most of my time and effort has been dedicated to setting things up for success.

I've met with architects, I've gotten my dad to view the property and do some preliminary drawings, I've brought the roofer out to take a look at the property. I've discussed various options of how to use the space and approach this project.  I'm really thrilled and excited for whats to come.

In my current job things are just plodding along.  My students are somewhat interested in succeeding in my class and are taking a half ass interest in doing what they need to do in order to pass my class.  But I still have the handful of students that arrive to class late or not at all. When they are in class they sit and text on their phones, talk or my favorite get up and dance and march. I told one student I hope she's ok with marching right back into this class during summer school or next year because she's failing and isnt bothering to do what she needs to do in order to bring her grade up.

I do have to say that today's Torch Passing Ceremony made me proud of our senior class and the rising seniors.  I ALMOST thought about staying one more year to see my babies graduate. But I just can't do that to myself or them.  My heart is just NOT in this anymore. It could be with the right leader and the right atmosphere to inspire me but this place just doesn't do it for me. My students give me NO HOPE to hang my hat on, they do NOTHING to give me a hint of wow maybe I can make this work.

Its kind of bitter sweet and sad. I left my last school system on such a high note and thought I was moving into a new chapter of my life, but sadly that dream has died.  But the beauty of the story is that there is something new, bigger and better for me to pursue at this time. Something that I have been just as passionate if not MORE passionate than teaching... and thats HOUSES HOUSES HOUSES.  I really enjoy real estate and know that it is a passion of mine. Its that passion that I hope will fuel the development of my company and the empire I want to build.

So, although it is a little bitter sweet that I will be leaving my colleagues, coworkers and friends I wont be far away.  I hope they all know they can keep in touch with me because this isnt good bye its so long for now but call me when the next happy hour gathering occurs. LOL

So, to new beginnings of unchartered things.

No comments: