Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Monday, June 20, 2011

6.20.11- Roadtrips and Videos


So today was the first day of my summer vacation and being my own woman!  Business woman extrodinare to be exact!  However, plans were thwarted or maybe pleasantly changed early this am.  I got a call from a friend with an invite to Philly. I was like when and for how long?  You know me... Captain Spontaneous LOL I have a packed bag and WILL travel!  SO much for taking my poochies to the vet!  Gueaa it can wait until the morning.

Anyhoo, I ended up on this impromptu road trip to Philly to attend a video shoot. Its kind of cool to be behind the scenes and see how things are really done.  I got to witness the countless hours of preparation that it takes to make a video.  Jeff Bradshaw and Raheem Devaughn were making the video for Jeff's new album.  Of course I'm thinking I'll just be behind the scenes but come to find out I got to be up in the mix :) It was kind cool. In fact as I write this they are taking a break from the last scene that was shot.  Its kind of funny to see all that goes on before, during and after at one of these things.

My niece Miranda Pelishay shot her first video not too long ago and my sister told me all about the preparation involved.  Its a LOT of work.  We got here at 12:30pm and its not 7:30pm and they STILL aren't done. But its cool because I am just enjoying the experience.  Plus I got my picture taken too so who knows what will come of that :)  I always said give me the fortune and not the fame.  LOL  We'll see if that still holds true after today's little trip.

It was a LOOOOONG day but I had so much fun being on set. I also met a lot of good people too (Raheem Devaugn, Kevin, Jeff, CClear, Sahlence, Magic Hands, Danielle, Devin, Yamin, and Tracey).  The after party was amazing and I had a blast hanging out with Jeff and Raheem and the rest of the crew.  Shout out to DJ Chris (inside joke). Can't wait to see the final product.













No comments: