Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Friday, May 27, 2011

5.27.11- Family Ties

So I love my mother dearly but this woman just needs to make some friends and stop bringing her problems to me. Its been this way for the last 20 years of my life!  Thats a long time to have someone tell you some faganaga bull shit about your father no matter how true it all is who wants to hear that shit year after year after year? NOT ME!
I love my mother dearly and I even love my dad for being my father but the situation that is or was their marriage is really getting on my nerves. I’m pissed off at my father for not treating my mother better. She gave him a gift NO OTHER woman ever did... the gift of ME and yet he treats my mom like a second class citizen.  
I wish she would just get the hell out of the house and move on with her life. She’s soooo stuck on not letting go of the house and he’s just as stubborn about selling or renting it out too.  I mean seriously...who does that? I know economic times are tough but my mom has options to live elsewhere. Me and my siblings have all offered to let her live with us.  Maybe she’s too proud to have to live with one of her kids I dont know. As far as my dad is concerned who cares what happens to him.. he’ll probably run off to Brazil to be with his mistress and live happily ever after there.  So much for him being around to help me with my real estate ventures.  
This is why friends are the family you choose.  You have to surround yourself with the kind of people who have your back and will go to bat with you and for you.  Otherwise they have no business being in your life.
I love my parents dearly but sometimes I wish they would grow the fuck up and act like adults with common sense and stop running to me, their CHILD for solutions. I’ll have to take care of them in their OLD old age, and I’ll gladly do that but dayum can I please enjoy MY life with out YOUR drama for a change? I moved OUT so I could be away from that nonsense and yet here it comes again. The same tune just on a different channel.
God give me the strength to be a supportive, loving daughter but also grant me the wisdom to know when to walk away.

No comments: