Today is the last day of the school year. I'm not planning on going in though. There are no kids, my room is all packed up, cleaned and i've turned in my keys. What more is there to do at this point? I know I need to make some attempt to at least show my face but why? I feel apathetic at this point but I do realize that in the two years I was at my charter school I made some awesome friends outside of work and its going to be different come August when I don't return to that building and see the familiar faces. I do wish the school the BEST and hope they can turn things around and succeed in their purpose and mission. I actually feel at peace about leaving.
Maybe I'll even be able to help with the social justice mission they have with my non-profit.
I do not know what the future will hold for me as it relates to education. I do know that I've always said I want to be a professor one day. So maybe that will be the next step I take in my journey. Then I can say I have taught at EVERY possible grade level there is. WOO HOO!
Cheers Darlings
No comments:
Post a Comment