Welcome to the pages of my mind....

Enter one blog at a time

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

100 Jobs in 100 Days- DAY #4 DC Tour Guide


Day 4-  6/23/14

Job: DC Tour Guide

Experience: The weather cooperated so it was a gorgeous summer day to enjoy the sights and sounds of our nation's capital.  The mall is the most centrally located place to walk, talk and view the monuments and various museums that DC has to offer.

What I  learned:  This job requires you to be on your feet most of the day as well as outside most of the time.  A good working knowledge of history is ideal and a bit of flair for story telling is a plus.

Rating:  I enjoy taking in the sights and sounds of historical landmarks but I think I'd prefer to be a listener rather than the actual tour guide. However, when my family comes into town I am by default the designated tour guide :)

Pictures:











No comments: