We made it to another brand new year! What a blessing. I was also blessed to spend NYE with some great friends. VH, SC and HM. We had a pre-game event at Terrace Lounge aka my house then headed to a party hosted by D.Chase and friends. It was in some shopping center which at first had me feeling kind of leary. But I promised to be positive. Its funny b/c VH was more laid back about the event than me even though she's the one quick to say something isn't right about these kinds of parties. The shoe was definitely on the other foot this time.
The ambience was nice, they had round tables a stage, bar and VIP section. But the music was just not what I expected. The crowd was much older too. The live band was good but the song choices just weren't what you expected to hear at a NEW YEAR'S EVE party! I felt like I was at a wedding reception.
Now the food was banging and thats what saved the night for me. The drinks and the line to boot were lacking majorly. It was almost 10 minutes to midnight before they actually brought a DJ out to play some hype music. Too bad we were stuck in the VIP line trying to get drinks. But once we got back to our table the crowd had grown considerably and the music was jumping.
We partied till about 2am and then headed home. Slumber party time and then brunch in the pm.
Brunch is what I enjoyed the most because I was in my element...cooking for my friends! I'm blessed to have the ability and resources to host events like this. I'd do it on a regular if people would actually attend. It brings me joy. Maybe I need to open up my own shop!?!? :) We shall see.
Happy New Year Folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment