So I bought my very first house on November 19, 2008. It was a shell but I could see the potential in the historic row house
. The location was perfect, right across the street from a huge city park and a beautiful lake. There is also access to a mall, grocery store and the interstate for ease of travel. Thanks to Bob and Sharon the price wasn't too bad either. [Insert pictures here] The work on the house began the same week that I purchased it. Irfan and his crew got to work right away framing out the entire 3 story home. Within a weeks time the framing of the new rooms was complete. [Insert pictures here] The house was beginning to take shape and have a personality of its own. My daily trips from my current home to the new one was about an 1.5 one way. But each time I went to the new house I would see some progress and get excited. Plumbing, duct work, electrical etc were slow to finish and didn't really change the appearance of the house, just that the work was being completed.[insert pictures]. I really wanted to do a GREEN renovation and preserve as much of the old structures as possible so I decided to keep the old steps and hardwood floors in the house.
Over the next few months the house would be focus of my life. It would also be the cause of some majore headaches too. LOL . All in all though I knew it would be well worth the struggle. The deadline of February 20th, 2009 was set way back in November but when that date came and went I knew it was not going to happen the way I had envisioned, not that any of it really went the way I had envisioned. Along the way I got to paint a little,lay some tile and of course pick out the fixtures and materials. Homedepot became my second home.
Once my cabinets arrive I was really extatic. In fact I took 3 days off work just to be up at the house to monitor the progress and even help. The day the cabinets were installed I was there the entire day watching and helping. It took two guys and in a days time they had all the wall and floor cabinets installed.
More to come....
Over the next few months the house would be focus of my life. It would also be the cause of some majore headaches too. LOL . All in all though I knew it would be well worth the struggle. The deadline of February 20th, 2009 was set way back in November but when that date came and went I knew it was not going to happen the way I had envisioned, not that any of it really went the way I had envisioned. Along the way I got to paint a little,lay some tile and of course pick out the fixtures and materials. Homedepot became my second home.
Once my cabinets arrive I was really extatic. In fact I took 3 days off work just to be up at the house to monitor the progress and even help. The day the cabinets were installed I was there the entire day watching and helping. It took two guys and in a days time they had all the wall and floor cabinets installed.
More to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment